Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Workflow Management

I've just discovered that I suffer from another ailment. The writer's block. It is characterized by the total emptying of one's mind when faced with the proposition of putting pen to paper. Unfortunately I seem to be in one of the advanced stages since the symptoms show up even if I so much as look at a writing implement. It does not help that this ailment is also governed by the inverse square law, the strength of the symptoms being inversely proportional to the square of the skills of the to-be-writer. A lost cause you might say. But where there is the internet there is still hope. And I dont intend to poach.

So I set out on the internet looking for some inspiration and you will not believe what I found. A website claiming to own a pool of ideas for the weary blogger. With successive clicks of my index finger, I could go from picking ideas to giving them a form and to finally publishing them. Total workflow management has indeed arrived. For those of you who escaped the software trap, workflow management is the new IT buzz-word. As evolution takes its toll on human intelligence, workflow management has stepped in to bridge the gap. From here to what we saw in The Matrix is but a short and unpleasant journey.

But in all sincerity I always thought it was the less fortunate who would be the beneficiaries of these expert systems. To almost make use of it today has been both a humbling experience and a wake up call. Kindly note the usage of the word 'almost'. Just so that you dont label all this to be some workflow enabled expert system's auto-generated junk because this, my dear friends, is one hundred percent homo sapien crap. Oh shit! Thats not how it was meant to come out. Well you know what I meant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home